mains pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi is it possible to convert a house to mains pressure without using a megaflo or the like. ei leaving the cylinder in place and fitting a pressure vessel. any advice appreiciated.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok thanks. out of interest what pressure is involved with vented cylinder and also mains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Typically 2.5 Bar or thereabouts.

Mains could be up to seven bar or as little as 1Bar just depends on where you live.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so if i used pressure reducing valve set to 2.5 bar it would work??????????? in theory? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so if i used pressure regulator set to 2.5 bar it would work???????????

What would work?

You can't use a standard cylinder if that is what your asking.

Someone else has already answered this.

Sorry mislead you a tad.

A vented cylinder,depending on the grade,will only work to about 30mts max(grade one) head of pressure which is around one bar or slightly less.

An unvented cylinder will work off about 2.5Bar or maybe 3Bar but that is about the max pressure you can use.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

A copper standard cylinder only designed for 10 metres head pressure ( 1 bar max.), any more than 1 bar will spilt the cylinder.

It NOT for main pressure.

For unvented, you must use a Megaflo, or something designed for main.

Dan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was just tryin to get to the bottom of why a standard cylinder cant be used. i take it it would fail near connections or even split? but if used vented it runs about 2.5 bar but you cant use with mains pressure set at 2.5 bar.??is this because as it heats on mains pressure will rise above2.5 bar?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

A copper standard cylinder only designed for 10 metres head pressure ( 1 bar max.), any more than 1 bar will spilt the cylinder.

It NOT for main pressure.

For unvented, you must use a Megaflo, or something designed for main.

Dan.
Ok thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A vented cylinder,depending on the grade,will only work to about 30mts max(grade one) head of pressure which is around one bar or slightly less.

Hi, Tony. Do you mean 30 metres head is 3 bars not 1? 1 bar for every 10 metres, I checked my books. :confused:

Dan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so if i used pressure regulator set to 2.5 bar it would work???????????

What would work?

You can't use a standard cylinder if that is what your asking.

Someone else has already answered this.

Sorry mislead you a tad.

An unvented cylinder will work off about 2.5Bar or maybe 3Bar but that is about the max pressure you can use.
No prob thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right then thanks tou you both . am i right to think vented copper cylinders run about 1 bar and megaflos etc run at 3ish bar?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Copper cylinder run up to 1 bar max ( 10 metres from CWS to bottom of cylinder, and it must not be used for main pressure, must be vented.

Unvented cylinder like megaflo is made of stainless steel and is designed for main pressure between 0.5 to 2.5 bar max.

If you want hot water be from main, use megaflo or a combi.

Dan.

Tony, no problem. :)

Sponsored Links