Use a tee or a 3 way manifold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Not sure if it matters which I use but want to make sure...

I have a Heatre Saudia 'Megaflo' which applies cold mains pressure to the hot water tank to ensure I have mains pressure hot water throughout the house.

I'm fitting a new bath, sink and toilet and wanted to know if it's ok to tee off the hot and cold water feeds coming into the bathroom so that I can feed the bath, sink and cistern? ....or should I be using a manifold of some sort?

I ask because I'm not sure if it makes a difference to the water pressure if there was a demand on the water for example if I was in the bath/shower at the same time the sink was in use? I know the Megaflo should take care of it but don't want to disrupt the correct operation of the Megaflo.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
firstly u must understand that in ur circumstances u have an unvented hot water system. the mains water pressure u have going to the cylinder has to be reduced to 3 / 3.5 bar (or what manufactures instructions state otherwise) by the pressure reducing valve at the cylinder. it normally has an outlet for balanced cold water aswell, meaning that u must take the water mains to the cylinder first and then feed all the sanitaryware and sinks from the posistion of the cylinder. this leaves all the taps in the house at the same pressure. if u didn't do this and u had mixer taps on a sink, bath ,basin or a thermostatic mixing shower then the larger mains preesure could blow up the hot side of the tap and overpressurise the cylinder. there is a pressure relief valve in the system, but its like a last in of defence in overpressurising.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both of you that's great to know. Fortunately I'm teeing off after the cylinder! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back