Mains water filters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to move into a house that needs much work. new hw/ch boiler etc. Basically everything from scratch. The area is hard water area and the drinking water is not palatable to say the least. I am considering getting a mains water filter that basically sits in-line with the incoming supply so all water in the house is filtered.

I am thinking not only will the drinking water taste better but it would hopefully decrease wear and tear on boiler(s)/appliance (even kettles!) with less limescale etc.

Does this sound like a good idea? or am I missing some disadvantages (aside from the initial cost and filter costs)?

Anyone with any experience with this type of thing? Good or bad?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
a water softener will take the lime scale out (you need the sort that costs some hundreds of pounds, and you tip salt into it once a month or so)

a drinking water filter is a different thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back