Recommendations on a water filter

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I've placed the order for my filters and will review connections once received. Thanks for all your help thusfar.
One further topic that I would appreciate your input on please. I currently have the pipe arrangement coloured in blue and want to add in a liquid softener and water filter into this setup. I am proposing the following for the water filters and softener. I hope it makes sense and would welcome your thoughts on the setup. I've put a bypass in for belts and braces.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• water filters.jpg
    water filters.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 66
Happy Christmas All.
I purchased and fitted two of these earlier in the week:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/bwt-high-capacity-water-filter-kit/16747

I got Screwfix to recommend a fitting for the NPT thread and they offered me a regular reducer (down to 15mm) and asked to apply plenty of PTFE Tape. Even after 30 wraps of PTFE tape these joints were leaking. Every one of them!

There was a silver lining...
The water tasted remarkable once the sediment filter was followed by the carbon filter and I also have the pipe work (glad I put the bypass in!) in place and tested:
133406-0bd10d591d2857ba2674fc0563dbe104.jpg

I now need some decent filters...
The screwfix ones were 10inch which seemed a decent size and they also do filters for these which are inexpensive. I assume that I can use these filters in any other housing that I buy as long as its the same size?
I would also prefer clear filters unless you experts advise me otherwise.

What do you suggest so that there is no drama with fitting and leaks please?

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 77

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back