Mains water flooding a house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question.

I've just had my boiler changed to a combi and now all cold taps in my house are at mains pressure.
If one of these pipes ever fails how long will it pump mains water out before the water board notice? Or would they not know?

Anyone have experience of a massive flood from mains water and what effect did it have on the house?

Cheers,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Nobody will notice from your water consumption! This is why good neighbours are so important for calling in and checking. You can also get into the habit of closing the water stopcock when you go away.

A bad flood will wreck everything, especially if the water is contained inside the house for a long time allowing the damp to spread. People don't appreciate how much moisture the structure of a building is capable of absorbing - have you got any doors, which stick in wet weather then free when it's dry?

I fitted a device that is a switch operated by air that turns the water on and off I think it was called water stop but cannot remember the exact name, that worked well bit like a light switch to operate the main stopcock.
Easy to use and consumer freindly.

Sponsored Links
Well done mate spot on, I can tell you have not pickled your brain as much as me :)

seco, They do look good a lot more to them that the sure stop, Do you know how much they are as no one is marketing them online, I might put them on one of my websites for sale if they are reasonably priced.

I like the if the water is not used in 24hrs it will shut down feature, and the fact that you can override it.

seco, They do look good a lot more to them that the sure stop, Do you know how much they are as no one is marketing them online, I might put them on one of my websites for sale if they are reasonably priced.

I like the if the water is not used in 24hrs it will shut down feature, and the fact that you can override it.

What do you think of Nova Flo ?.
Ingenious device ?.

Norcon, I have not heard of the Nova flow either I will look into that one.

Secco, I do not think that £123.00 is too expensive for the Aqua check either I will get one of the buyers to look into getting some in to stock.

What do you think of Nova Flo ?.
Ingenious device ?.

I have been emailed the details on this before I think it is a good idea, but just do not think there will be many retail sales. I will get my web guys to see if there are lots of people searching for a simlar device if there is the demand I will sell it.

It all helps to feed the kids fish and wife ( in that order ) :D

i can imagine what fun the nova will be trying to fit behind some baths.
GALLERY]

I see what you mean, Who has the waste going out at that angle, the over flow pipe on a standard bath overflow is not that generous in length, so they have connivently double kinked the copper pipes down from the mixer, and what flexi cons recommend being bent like they have in the image pre the device.

Thats the beauty of graphic representations.

Maybe its the kind of thing people buy from Diy stores and it stays in the cupboard under the stairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back