Mains water supply

4 Jul 2020
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I live in a basement flat (house converted into 4 flats)
Currently gutted and starting from scratch and in the process of renewing all pipes.
The mains water is one shared pipe for all 4 flats and the internal stop cock is located above my flat in the communal hallway (my flat has the front door on the side of the house. The main water pipe 22mm Copper comes through the wall in my kitchen up the wall to the stopcock then spilts to all flats and comes back down to mine.
Is it possible for me to T off the 22 mm copper pipe for my flat and add my own internal stopcock without affecting the other flats ?
Sponsored Links
Yes, no issue there, you'd need to find and check the outside toby is accessible and working, if not get your water supplier out to sort it. Then notify all before isolating, then cut into it and tee off.

If it's an old pipe it probably wont be 22mm, it'll be 3/4" and it's best to use a soldered reducer to convert to 22mm IMO.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local