Maintaining an Alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend ending my service contract with the installer as it’s expensive for what they do and does not cover parts or callouts. I want to start maintaining my Texecom Elite alarm system myself. It’s a small hybrid home system. I have the engineer code and I’m tech-savvy enough to understand as I've worked in the I.T. industry for many years.

I have a Texecom connect app set up with this alarm and from what I have read this setup is through the Texecom cloud which I assume the installer has set up. It works perfectly fine, and my motto is if it works don’t try and fix it.

My question is, is there any need to get this moved from the cloud that the installer has and set it up on my own Texecom Cloud account? Would the installer company be able to access the panel through the cloud account if they wished to do so or would they need my intervention to do this, I assume they would be able to without my intervention as this would be a security breach.

Sponsored Links
Can't comment on your ability, but as your asking the question I suspect you may struggle if something doesn't quite go as expected.

You dont pay an engineer for the time he is on site, you pay a proportion of his bills, maintenance on his vehicle and equipment, insurance, pension and travelling etc and yes profit. You pay for their experience usually too as that 10/ 20 minutes it took you over several hours, is from the installer who has built up with training and on the job hours and training courses attended some free and some you have to pay for. You can see threads on here that back that up. Cant comment on price and what is or isn't included.

You will need the engineer to release your panel from the cloud, change the engineers code probably before you take it over and change the udl passcode and engineers code to something else. The good thing is all that can be done remotely, at this point its unclear as to whether you can still setup a cloud account yourself anymore as heard a few people say they cant recently. So maybe try and set the cloud account up and add your panel when its released by the installer.

I cant comment on your installers integrity no more than i comment on yours, but in theory at least there are things an installer can do if they so desired until a new engineer locks the old one out.

Hi Secureiam,
Thanks for the info. I created a cloud account with Texecom. I'm assuming I still need the panel releasing before I add the Texecom Connect to my cloud account.

Sponsored Links
if you try and add it, it will get flagged as it belongs to another account until it is released.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back