Maintenance free JB to replace this.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been replacing the old junction boxes in my loft with maintenance free ones as i decorate and install new lights in each room.

Currently doing the two lights in the hall way and have the following juction box in the loft:

normally ive been using ashley/hager J804 MF boxes but in this example you'll see there are three sets of wires coming into the box on the lower left hand side of the box.

Since the J804 only accomodates 2 wires(cores) per side, per terminal (4 wires per terminal) i wont be able to use it in this instance.

can anyone recommend a suitable item?

Thanks
rob

Sponsored Links
Just use an adaptable box with squash glands and push connectors

As always regulations are not retrospective, and presumably in a loft maintenance will be available anyway. Bet you have had no problems with existing ones up to now. So why bother?

As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

If you intend to floor the loft in future MF is obviously the way to go. I would use sacred's method.

DS

Sponsored Links
As always regulations are not retrospective, and presumably in a loft maintenance will be available anyway. Bet you have had no problems with existing ones up to now. So why bother?

As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

to be fair there is nothing wrong with it and there have been no issues with it since ive been in the property.

It was just that someone on here advised me to replace with MF boxes when i posted about some thing similar that used the same type of junction box a while back.
leaving it as is is less hassle for me crawling round in the loft anyway

to be fair there is nothing wrong with it and there have been no issues with it since ive been in the property. ... It was just that someone on here advised me to replace with MF boxes when i posted about some thing similar that used the same type of junction box a while back. ... leaving it as is is less hassle for me crawling round in the loft anyway
As DS said, if you are planning to floor/board the loft, then MF is what is needed. However, per what winston said, if the existing JBs are going to remain accessible, I personally would not bother going to the hassle of changing them.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back