major concern about gas parts from internet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone explain this to me:
CORGI expresses “major concern” about gas parts being sold on the internet on page 20 of the mag.
On page 21 is a large full-colour add for boilers that I have only seen sold in a large diy chain. Has X&X complained about unfair competition?

Sponsored Links
lol ben who gives a monkeys what corgi think?, they only time they have an opinion is when they can see an opportunity to make more profit.

lol ben who gives a monkeys what corgi think?, they only time they have an opinion is when they can see an opportunity to make more profit.

Now, now, that is a bit harsh.
(no, I said “harsh”, not “untrue”)

Corgi is a non profit making body..In relation to registration side of things

Sponsored Links
On this rare occasion I have to disagree with you namsag.

£orgi only exist to make money, not to look after its members or the public. That image is a complete farce :evil:

Even a non-profit organisation can make huge profits but write them down as other expenses and bonus to employees. Even £1.7 million IT upgrades :eek:

Not-for-profit organisation means they do not show a profit in the books at the end of the financial year. So if you earn millions and millions from fees, contributions, advertising revenue, selling stuff and what have you, all you have to do is make sure you spend it all to retain your status.

Totally agree with you dave but as they spend it all it is non profit making. I was surprised it took someone nearly 5 mins to bite :LOL:

The side that sells insurance ,tools, work wear etc etc and carries out safety checks for holiday companies is seperate and is allowed to make a profit

who can guess the amount corgi get for each acs certificate sent out from the training centres?

As can be seen from the date of the previous post, it has taken me some time to come up with an answer.

I seem to remember that CORGI got £7-00p for being notified.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back