Making a box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Made a box for pump and controller- I used batons to hold sides together, is this the best way? I found the sides weren't exactly at 90 degrees, how can you make sure they don't slightly come in at a bit of an angle?

When I put hinges on the the screws were a bit long for the 10mm ply door so I tried cutting 2 1mm packers to go under hinge but still felt the 10mm wasn't strong enough so in the end I used screwed on some wood the front and used longer screws, is 10mm too thing for hinges to go into
box.jpg
box (2).jpg
box (1).jpg

Attachments

• box (3).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
Your main problem why the sides are angled inwards is because your baton is not correct size and shape, plus the fact your edges may not be cut square, try and use a baton that is square in shape and twice the thickness of the baton you are currently using, or you could use braces if you can accomodate without your pump or pipe interfering with it.

Your main problem why the sides are angled inwards is because your baton is not correct size and shape, plus the fact your edges may not be cut square, try and use a baton that is square in shape and twice the thickness of the baton you are currently using, or you could use braces if you can accomodate without your pump or pipe interfering with it.

Braces?

I get u. Put the 2 sides on and put 2 pieces of baton across the top so they are exactly the distance at the bottom as the top and at 90 degrees then drill into the baton.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back