MAKING A PADSTONE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the correct mix for making my own padstone. Its going to be 300 deep x 100mm wide and 600mm long. I cant find a lintel deep enough to cut down and the place concrete place i was going to use is taking too long (the props are on hire and its costing me)
Its RC30 but i dont know what that means. Any help and advise would be great.
Cheers Neil

Sponsored Links
I am fairly certain you can get this size from Jewsons or if you have a branch near to you you could try elliotts. Its not the exact size but its pretty close. Failing that have a chat with the lads at Readymix 0870 3368221 and they should be able to give you a spec for this mix

wont concrete commons do the job. if not go get a kirbstone from your b/m and cut it to size. Remember always let padstones set before sitting any lintels. am pretty certain RC30 is the code of the mix. the type they use for tower block construction a lot stronger than your average concrete
by the way' whats if for.....

I googled RC30 and got this;

C30 Backfilling of walls and slabs 300kg OPC, 0.5m3
with a high steel content. Sand, 0.75m3 Agg. 6 to 1 mix

http://www.wrg.org.uk/prh/concreting.pdf

I cast my own padstones in situ;

[code:1]
Monday.gif
[/code:1]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back