Making cardboard template for floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on changing my bathroom's vinyl floor also wanted to practice making a template with cardboard which could later be transferred onto wood.

Figured cut it so it overhangs and is too big then gradually cut it down until it fits around toilet etc

20221023_185921.jpg
20221023_185912.jpg
20221023_182342.jpg

Sponsored Links
You may be better off using thinner card.
Yep. Those large 1kg corn flakes boxes are excellent for templating awkward bits. So is hardboard and 3mm MDF rips

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Cut the vinyl to the general size, a bit larger, then unscrew the toilet from the floor and slide the vinyl under it, finally trim to size. The very slight difference in toilet height, will make no difference.

And get yourself some hooked blades for trimming the vinyl - much easier. Just be careful with them, though, they can give you a nasty puncture wound in the leg

Use the old vinyl for the template and the space to fit under the wc.

Blup

...although I have to say...
That is NOT the way to hang a toilet roll! ;)
So does that make you a Big-Endian? or a Little-Endian?

BTW our cats are ambidextrous - they can bat it all over the place either way round (personally I think it's the one who learned to open doors that does it, but I am yet to catch him in the act)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back