1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Making dumb extractor fans smart

Discussion in 'Home Automation' started by CrazyFool, 28 Feb 2021.

1. CrazyFool

CrazyFool

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys

Whats the easiest way to make dumb extractor fans smart?

I have one on/off fan in my basement that I want to be humidity controlled. I'm thinking I should attach a Sonoff TH to this.

Another fan in my bathroom.... I want this to be triggered by humidity but I also want switch control.
    I'm thinking of wiring the switch to a sonoff mini and also have a Sonoff TH that turns the Sonoff mini on when humidity threshold is triggered.

What do you guys think?
    Is there an easier or better way to do this?

Kind regards

CF

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ericmark

ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have not had very much success with humidity control with high humidity, the sensors can get over damp and take ages to dry out, does not matter if simple display or switch, and had the extractor in my dads old shower simply run 24/7 where simply the bedroom was dry but sensor remained damp.

The pneumatic switch [​IMG] worked well, set to run to max 10 minutes press on entering shower and press when leaving, simple. Keep it simple.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local