Making First Floor Extention Objection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year my neighbour built a ground floor extention. Now I just got a letter from planning Services saying the following:

Quote:
First floor rear extension with pitched roof to match existing. Demolition of existing garage and erection of a new single storey garage with pitched roof.

I checked the Planning website and no plans have been uploaded, am I right in thinking this will go ontop of the existing the ground floor extention?

I have never objected to planning aplication before - anyone advise me on best line of defence.

I have enough headache getting them to keep the conifers under control, this will just block all light to my garden and be a complete eye sore.

Sponsored Links
The drawings should be available online, If you PM me the application number and which local authority you are with I will have a look for you.

You are right the documents are not online yet. I would suggest the council are just a bit slow in getting them online its not been that long in Planning times. If you visit your council you should be able to view them. You could ring the case officer and ask him when they expect to get them online. I dare say your neighbour will be wondering where they are too. Some councils are worse than others.

It will be of no consolation but I put in an application with Lambeth in November and it took over a month just to be registered let alone appearing on their website! :rolleyes:

Make sure any objections you make are valid and justifiable.

Usually they dont take long, at this rate they will put up drawings after the decision. I will call tomorrow and otherwise go down on Friday my self and see the officer.

This would be unprecedented - no one else has two storey extention and would completly oversee my garden as well as blocking out light.

Thanks for your help - will post more details hopefully end of week.

Sponsored Links
As Freddy says make sure all objections are justifiable ie are cntraventions to planning policy.

I often look at planning applications on the local council website and some of the objections are clearly going to be ignored ie building work noise etc.

So, you know that you want to object, but you don't know what you want to object to?!!! :rolleyes:

So, you know that you want to object, but you don't know what you want to object to?!!! :rolleyes:
I wholeheartedly agree but was giving the OP the benefit of doubt for once!

We'll have his neighbour on next week saying his neighbour who's always complaining has objected and what can he do about it! :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back