Making Good Insulated Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Solid wall has been dot and dabbed with insulated platerboard

I removed some of the insulated plasterboard with a holesaw and now need to make the area good

What is the best/ effective method of repairing the area?

I have plenty of spare insulated plasterboard left.

There is a gap of of approximately 20-30 mm between the solid wall and the insulated PB

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_105943991.jpg
    IMG_20230124_105943991.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
I would spray a mist of water in to the hole and squirt in some expanding foam. You may need to squirt a few dabs in until they cling to the wet surface and then wait a few minutes for it to become rigid enough to take the weight of the next layer of foam.

Once the foam has cured you can cut away the excess and use filler. Be advised that it may take in excess of two hours before the foam has cured enough to cut it back.

Edit- I think that the small can available from the Pound Shop for £2 would suffice.

Either above or I would just use the same holesaw to cut a plug out of the spare bit of insulated plasterboard, then just spread some filler round the edge of the plug and push it in to the hole. Wipe off excess, leave to dry for a bit then use filler again to finish off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks lads..

Edit- I think that the small can available from the Pound Shop for £2 would suffice.
Which small can?

Or are you saying that any expandable foam (even from the pound shop) will suffice?

I was planning on purchasing some Soudal Low Expansion Insulation Foam

The price doesn't break the bank, it's reusable and has high insulation values (allegedly)

Or is this OTT?

Thanks lads..

Which small can?

Or are you saying that any expandable foam (even from the pound shop) will suffice?

I was planning on purchasing some Soudal Low Expansion Insulation Foam

The price doesn't break the bank, it's reusable and has high insulation values (allegedly)

Or is this OTT?

The Poundshop often stocks the Gorilla (by 121, not the American Gorilla brand) expanding foam for £2.

Most cans of expanding foam become useless after a month or so after first using.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back