Making good wall after new electrical sockets

when i pointed out a fair bit of dust had already gone down those holes the electrician seemed to think i was being daft
Yes, you might well have been on the receiving end of a look of incredulity for that one; the entire wall is notionally made of dust, held together with more dust

just get really nervous with anything to do with electrics
Funny thing is, you probably wouldn't think twice of grabbing the wire of a plugged-in hoover, extension lead, hand blender etc and wrapping it up when storing the appliance away; your fingers are literally 2mm away from the source of your electrocution

Perception is everything!

Sponsored Links
Fair point above, and the truth is i work for a company that makes equipment for the power industry! so i should be more at home with this stuff

Anyway the plasterer came last night- i isolated the circuit and he loosened the front so that he could get in, and when done advised me to tighten the screws back up in the morning which i have done no problem.

Had a bit of a scare and thought we had a gas leak this morning as there was a strong rotten egg smell in the kitchen and it took me a few mins to realise it was the plaster, but apparently that will go in a day or two and is normal.

So job done, and next time will know the procedure, thanks guys.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
there was a strong rotten egg smell in the kitchen and it took me a few mins to realise it was the plaster
I always say to the tradespersons they're free to use the downstairs WC if they need; usually stops them reaching for the nearest bucket.. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back