Making safe an unused rose in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a flat where there is an additional rose on the ceiling, unscrewing the cover the wiring has just been taped up. What I want to do is make the wiring safe and push up into the ceiling void and fill the hole. There is one main light in the room and no other switches so I assume its connected.

Whats the best way of making the wiring safe? Its currently taped up with electrical tape, would it be to put the wires into a chocbox?

Filling the hole is no problem its the wiring I want to ensure is safe in the ceiling void.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll need to use a maintenance-free junction box, if the wiring won't be accessible.

You need to join the wires, replicating the various connections between them which they already have or some/all of your lights might stop working, using a maintenance free junction box,.

Then you can push that above the ceiling and fill the hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back