Making Safe or Taking Over?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening folks,

In the middle of doing a few jobs on an older domestic install, I've noticed the shower circuit (which I wasn't originally going to work on) has a separate c.u. which is in an unsafe state and no local isolation (only the c.u. itself which is in the basement). I've told the customer and they've asked me to fit a new c.u. (I'd fit an r.c.d. unit while I was at it) but do not want the decor messing with, so do not want me to fit a local isolator. Can I do this on the basis that at least I'm making it safer and note on the cert that there's no local isolation or can I not do one job without the other, because working on that circuit then makes it entirely my responsibility and any defects my problem?
Also related, I've updated the earthing and bonding and I'd like to update the main earth going to the 4 way Wylex bs3036 board from 6mm to 10mm (I don't think they'll will take 16mm) but does this also mean I'm then responsible for that whole board?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Anthony

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't be prepared to only go part-way in rectifying the shower problems: tell them if they want you to workl on it, you must fit an isolator.

You can fit 16. Just fork the stands and put them into adjacent terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back