Making sliding wardrobe doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ceiling is 2640mm high and I'd like to have floor to ceiling doors.
I can't find doors tall enough so I've decided to try and make my own ones.
I intend to buy the track from here: http://www.rothley.com/shop/sliding-door-gear/wardrobe-door-systems/ares2-kit-for-2-or-3-doors/

The doors will need to be designed in sections and assembled in the bedroom since the house doesn't allow me to carry the doors through.

Does anyone know if I can buy jointed strips or something to allow me to join 3 or 4 sections of board/"door" together?

What are these things: http://www.rothley.com/shop/sliding-door-gear/wardrobe-door-systems/ares-3-joining-profile/

Sponsored Links
you cant have floor to ceiling unless both the floor and ceiling are exactly parallel and flat with no bows dips or bumps which is very very unlikly

Last edited:
you can come pretty close. I have one, there is a board fixed to the ceiling, and the upper track is fixed to the face of the board. The board is decorated to match the ceiling. AFAIK my ceiling and floor are pretty level, but if necessary the board could have been scribed or packed. The rolling carriages have some kind of spring to take up slight irregularity. I don't remember how the board is fixed to the joists above or the walls at the ends, but I expect there are brackets or a batten.

It could also have been done with top-boxes such as are often used in kitchens.

Sliding door kit allows for uneven floor or ceiling but by a small amount.But at that height he doors will be heavy , why go to ceiling, will not be necessary unless you need to store something 2.6m tall?

Sponsored Links
the problem you have with small scribed boards off say 25mm is a say 18mm scribe is very noticeable where as a say 70-100 board the same 18mm is far less noticable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back