makita ls1018 saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if the makita ls1018 saw will fit onto a dewalt stand please I have the dewalt stand and brackets and thinking of getting a makita saw thx in advance

Sponsored Links
Thx for the reply and thx for the welcome hopefully someone will have the answer

Thank you. The reason i welcomed you is that there is a username here that thinks they own the forums and they are not so plite when newbies join and big up themselves with their alter egos.

Having stated the above, several ok posters here and a couple of nice ones, inc me.

I apologise for not having the answer to your Q but hoping one pops in soon

Enjoy what's life of Sunday

:) :)

Sponsored Links
providing the saw has 4 screw/bolt holes in a rectangle at the supporting point that are the same or less than the slots on the support brackets then it should and without adaption

Yes. The clip on saw mounting brackets with the DE7023 and DE7033 stands will work with the LS1018. It requires four bolts to fix it the the two (supplied) clip-on mounting brackets to the saw. You may need to buy longer coach bolts, that's all

I still have a (somewhat worn out) LS1018. It was a good saw in its' day, but it has been well and truly hammered and I can't be bothered to refurbish it (I did get some of the parts) as I am getting close to retirement and I have several other mitre saws which will more than see me out...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dewalt but it’s single bevel looking for a double bevel everything else I have is makita so the Ls seems a good choice but I’m used to dewalt lol

Nothing really wrong with the saw as such - it had a new turntsbke 2 years ago, new fences last year, and a new flex and motor brushes (the bearings are original and still good), it's just been worked to death - for theclastv3 years it was the company bicycle! (everyone had a go on it) The main thing wrong with it now is that it was used outside a lot and the guide rails (rods) on all of these saws aren't designed for repeated soakings. I have the replacement parts, but I'm just too damned lazy to spend the time needed on an 8 year old saw which was written down years ago. So until I have the time...

In the meantime I still have a cordless DLS110 (which is basically a cordless LS1019) plus a Kapex and a smaller DW777 SCMS...

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back