Makita or dewalt???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Looking to buy a circular saw its going to be a Makita or dewalt one for sure, but can't decided which one to buy?

I think the dewalt one is comfort one to hold.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Both are ok brands, so I would be looking at the spec/price of the specific unit and picking which i wanted.

Bosch Professional (turquise), Hitachi, Robei, all good.

Daniel

Oh goody goody, a makita vs dewalt thread :D i like these, lets see if it can beat the plane vs conveyor belt thread :eek:

Lights blue touch paper and stands back!!!

My preference would be the makita. I've got the 5103R which packs a 270mm blade. Ripping 75mm planks is a breeze.
Its like taking a saw mill to work. :mrgreen:
Soft start and electronic brake as standard. I didn't have it soon enough though as I burnt out my 190mm makita ripping beyond it capacity.
Makita are nicely engineered imo and smooth operating.

Sponsored Links
I'll chime in on the Makita side. I've got a 5704RK and it works very nicely.

Makita here too.

Lad on site last week moaning about his new DeWalt SDS, or rather, his Dads.
He's sticking with his Milwaukee stuff.

Makita everytime !!.
90% of my tools are Makita-- some of my drills,planers, saws I have have had for 20 years.
Makita- 'all day- every day'- that's what they say.

Although- I have to be honest- when it comes to 'drill hammer action' -- Bosch is best .
I always found Dewalt-- micky mouse tools..

I must admit I recently bought a corded SDS drill and I did go for a bosch, as I don't think anything can beat them. The majority of the rest of my tools are makita.

I had a good DeWalt drill 10 or so years ago, but the stuff they are churning out these days comes no where near on quality.

It seems dewalt are good at battery nail guns and self levelling lasers. They are the only dewalt stuff I ever seem to see on site. The rest is always makita, bosch and hilti.

I too have a Makita circular saw and I am pleased with it.

However the carry box is shoite, particularly the clasps and handle. The repair i have done though is brill.

the new generation of makita with ali base are ace the 12" with electric brake is really easy to use even on full depth, the hitachi c9u2 is a great 9"saw very acurate and powerful easy to follow a line free hand oak timber framers use them all day cutting joints the old Elu 6" board saw used to be great now a de walt Idon't know what they are like now I think de walt lost its way a bit some good Elu tools got lost when they took over

I like dewalt because they yellow and black which makes the drills drill better and the saws make a whirring sound

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back