Manky smell from shower - plug for plug hole?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some time I've been getting an intermittent unpleasant smell in the bathroom - never could figure it out until today, and I'm now sure that it's coming from the plug hole in the shower.

The trouble is that the shower in the bathroom is used possibly once a year, if that (I normally use a shower in another room). No doubt the trap is drying out so letting smells from the sewer pipe drift back up.

I could put water in it on a regular basis, but I'm looking for a 'better' solution - is there such a thing as a plug for the plug hole in a shower?

The problem is that the plug hole is flush with the bottom of the shower floor (as all showers are) so you can't use a normal sink plug as there's no dip for it to sit in.

Is there a shower plug for the plug hole available on the market?

Sponsored Links
Traps wont normally (even after a year) dry out unless they have a leak. I suggest you find and fix the leak.
edit: and why have you posted this in 'roofing and guttering' !

Ooops, sorry - meant to post this in plumbing! Can a mod move this please?

Anyhow, will check into the possibility of a leak, ta for the tip. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back