Manrose SLC combined fan and light, fan does not cut out with timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Manrose SLC combined fan and light, the fan starts up with the light, but when I turn off the light, even going in hours later,the fan is still running. It does not cut out with timer

Sponsored Links
The timer is probably kaput. Did it ever work properly ?

I'm not impressed with Manrose fans

You can get much better ones now. Quieter, with ball bearing motors, longer lasting, use less electricity, more airflow.

I don't think combined fan and lamp ones are popular now. Might be wrong. Is that important to you?

Is yours a low-voltage one with a transformer? Or a duct type mounted above the ceiling? Did you find the Manrose powerful enough?

Sponsored Links
There's a lot to be said for speaking to people in a language they understand.

There is a lot to be said for using correct terms and educating people who don’t know.

well you go away and do that then.

'bye.

Hey boys, chill it a bit, this is my thread.... It's a duct mounted fan, plenty powerful for me. John D... what's a better quieter more powerful fan than Manrose?

Agreed

If the old one is about 80 cubic metres per hour and seems adequate, you could increase to, say the TD160T which is less expensive and less powerful than the 250 Silent.

But if you use the calculator, the recommendation for an average sized bathroom with shower is indeed around 240-250 cu.m, and the price differential is not great

I do recommend one with a timer so you can adjust it to run long enough to banish damp. The noise and running cost of electricity are negligible for these quality fans.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back