Manual override sw for 2x pir security lights

I've just changed the switch for a new one and switched the spur back on. Both lights have now come on without be turning the override switch on and with dawn/ dusk settings more towards night.

I will leave this now like you said for half and hour and hopefully they should go out and then they should go back to normal mode?

Here are the pictures....

Sponsored Links
Lights have now gone off! Waheeeey!!

But I afraid to try the override switch now lol

Be brave.

You have to try it to make sure it works OK!!

I was just wondering if flipping the switch could trigger the unit into manually on mode, but I can't see that. In order to do that, you'd have to interrupt the live feed, which the override switch doesn't.

Sponsored Links
Ok chaps, I've tried it with the override switch and it works! Bonus!
Just have to wait and see if the PIRs work now when the light levels drop.

Thank you all for you input and advice, much appreciated! In not as stupid as I look after all

(",)

Hmm. I remember a brand new Wylex board I fitted and the RCD failed the test.

Then I went to a house with a 2 month-old "17th" Wylex board a colleague had installed: both RCD's failed.

Is there a pattern emerging here? ;)

No, my test kit was fine!!

Hmm. I remember a brand new Wylex board I fitted and the RCD failed the test. ... Then I went to a house with a 2 month-old "17th" Wylex board a colleague had installed: both RCD's failed. ... Is there a pattern emerging here? ;) No, my test kit was fine!!
How 'badly' did they fail the tests?

Kind Regards, John

The one out of the box would not do a 5x without tripping (it was in complete isolation with nothing attached to the board but main tails).

The other two were > 40ms.

Sorry, yes. 0.5x for the new one and 5x for the other 2 RCD's.

Before I noticed the switch was knackered I also replaced the switched spur also as no power would switch to the outgoing. I think it's just click in general are rubbish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back