Manufacturers of 3 port valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a preference of manufacturers? My Honeywell is playing up and will need replacing soon. Seems to me that Honeywell valves don't last that long as I'm on my 3rd one.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's not an electrical fault with your wiring causing them to fail? I use Honeywell all the time and haven't had any issues...although you don't say how long each of yours have lasted

It's definitely mechanical. When I remove the actuator head, the shaft rotation feels rough and stiff to turn by hand. I've tried exercising it and it works for a short while but eventually it stiffens up again. I've had a total of three valves fitted in the space of 20 years or so. Maybe I'm being unreasonable in my expectations and changing them every 6 years or so is normal.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the system water is dirty and never been clean/flush out.

Daniel.

+1.

Op. I would get the system checked to see if it needs flushing before you replace the valve. Or the problem will probably happen again

Good point. Never thought of dirty water. Is flushing something that can be done by a competent DIYer or is it best left to professionals?

Well you need about £1000+ worth of kit to do it properly. You could hire it and read up on how to do it. It depends how ambitious you are I suppose!

Depends on how many rads you have. For a standard size system. (no more than 15 rads). I charge £450. But that's to do a proper job. Full chemical powerflush using powerflush machine and magna cleanse filter and a radiator agitator. Properly balancing the system Plus adding inhibitor. Full days job on a bad system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back