Mapesil AC on Multikwik connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Whats the difference between Mapesil AC and other Sanitary Silicone sealers?
I have applied Mapesil AC to a Multikwik connector, but it peals off if you rub it. Should I use Mapei Primer FD or another Sanitary Silicone sealer?

Any help is appreciated :confused:

Sponsored Links
Try a tube of Fernox LS-X , I`ve had good results with it on existing multiquiks that leak , and you don`t need to try and get a mastic gun in @ the joint :idea:

Try a tube of Fernox LS-X , I`ve had good results with it on existing multiquiks that leak , and you don`t need to try and get a mastic gun in @ the joint :idea:
I've used LS-X for a temp repair before, didn't expect it to work, but it was great. Lasted the 3 days until I got the part. Think it would have lasted forever

I don't actually know if it leaks yet. It just seems strange that the Mapesil sealer peels off by rubbing it.

Sponsored Links
It`s because it`s not neutral curing silicone :idea: did it smell of vinegar ?. If it did it`s acetoxy silicone and won`t stick well to plastics , commonly sold - But you have to search out N.C. silicone for a proper job

Is there a need for sealant?
Unless you are using a Multikwik at quite an oblique angle the flexibility of the fins should seal enough on their own.
With all the angles and offsets available something should fit well enough to negate the need for sealant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back