1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

marble tiles- should i lay on a thin layer of sand??

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by CREAM, 15 Jul 2008.

1. CREAM

CREAM

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi i am wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to how i should lay my marble floor tiles.
    i have heard a few things but not sure which of them is correct....
    should i lay them straight onto the concrete ??
    someone has told me to lay on a layer of sand........ if this is correct could someone please elaborate?

will be soo grateful of any hep i recieve

Thnaks
    :)

2. jefoss

jefoss

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i find a good layer of gravy to be better than sand, if you get the bisto it is a fantastic bed for the marble tiles and also when you are mixing it it smells nice too.

:LOL: ;)

3. Jasonb

Jasonb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The problem with gravey is it can stain light coloured marble brown ;) For this and several others reason I would go with a white powdered floor tile adhesive and don't forget to seal the stone before grouting.

Jason

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local