Marble tiles - smeary after sealing??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After I had laid my marble floor tiles, before grouting I used a HG impregnator to seal them. After it had dried out, they tiles looked like they hadn't covered very well, with the odd hazy patch. Wondered if this was showing that they needed another application of sealer.
Anyway, grouted them, missus cleaned them tonight with a marble floor cleaner, but they still had the patches.

Decided to try sealing just one to see if it improves, but if anything it has got worse. Looks more smeary (although that could be due to cloth not being totally clean :rolleyes: ) than before, and doesn't rub off.

Is this showing an excess build up of sealer than needs removing (bottle mentions this, and to use HG spot stian remover or turps), or just non uniform absorption?

Should I try cleaning them all again with HG cement, lime & grout residue cleaner (I have all these products from when I did my slate floor!!), then re-seal? Or should I try some turps or something to see if it is just excess?

Never had this trouble when I did my slates!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back