Marking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am making some double wardrobes, made from pine using mortice and tenons. I have cut all the m and t's using a router and jig, and i am about to glue and clamp the frame work together. The problem is no matter how much care was taken, i could not get all the mortices on the different pieces to line up exactly with each other, most are pretty much bang on and the ones that are off are only out about 1mm.

My question are

1. Is is it going to impossible to get all the framework square and the same dimensions now?
2. Have you pros got any tips or tricks of the trade for getting everything square and the same dimensions when i glue and clamp?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Clamp your framework up......without glue......and measure the two diagonals ( across the corners ).
If they measure the same, then it is square, if not you will have to adjust your joins until you achieve this..........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back