Marks on Acrylic Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

our white acrylic bath has marks on it which I reckon are manufacturing flaws. There is no recourse to manufacturer but they are unsightly, any suggestions on how to improve the appearance?

Sponsored Links
Posting a photo might help, when you say "manufacturing fault" it suggests something in the material itself which only a respray will cure.

There are repairs kits which will polish out blemishes, or even a slip with a stanley blade.

Take a trip to Halfords...

Yes really!

Car polish and associated products work very well on Acrylic Baths.

Sponsored Links
This is the best photo I was able to get. It looks as if we polished the surface off the bath but that's not what happened. The marks became obvious over time as the surface discoloured. It is not something on the surface it is In the surface, if that makes any sense.

regards

angela

I don't know how to get it to show on the page but it is on my profile

Usually something like Dettol Bathroom spray cleaner or similar. No abrasives. I think the rest of the bath would benefit from the Brasso/car shine treatment but I'm stumped about these marks. There are 5 of them, all at one end of the bath. It looks as if they under layer is showing through.

Have you tried an overnight soak in vinegar , may be a build up of limescale.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back