Marks on fire surround

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new fire surround installed. On close inspection, I noticed two small marks which are manufacturing faults. I pointed these marks out to one of the two installers. He more or less just shrugged his shoulders. As they are small marks I thought I could live with them. But when members of my family came to visit. They all noticed the two marks on the fireplace. I have been in touch with the shop concerned. And the installer is coming back next Friday. I would be pleased if you can give me your advice how to approach this problem.
Thank you very much.
John
Oap.

Sponsored Links
Can you describe them any better , if these have been caused on installation or poor finishing in manufacturing then you are entitled for it to be changed or possible discount .If they are marks that occur naturally in wood or marble then it could be a case of grin and bear it

hi
the marks are two blackish marks, which are in the manufacturing of the surround. half an inch long various widths wide.
cheers john

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back