marks on tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've just finished installing a load of black gloss kitchen tiles. The tiles were 20x10cm, with 4 lines of protective chalk down them. Where the chalk lines were, once wiped off with warm water, are visible marks that don't seem to come off with anything. I've attached a couple of photo's to show what I mean!

Please does anyone know how to get rid of these marks? I've tried warm water and a sponge, white spirit, dilute vinegar...

Thanks

Tom

Sponsored Links
It's definitely on the tiles? Not a reflection of dirt/streaks on the window? :confused:

yep, definitely on the tiles. I'm wondering if the protective chalk (if that's what is it) has etched them somehow

Nobody?

Further info - the tiles when they arrived were wet/damp (I'm guessing from being stored outside). I got a note from the supplier saying they had spotted this, but it shouldn't be a problem. Could rain have etched the tiles after being trapped by the chalk/transit wax?

T

Sponsored Links
I think transit wax can mark tiles. I'd ask the supplier what they suggest to clean them or are going to do about it if it's a fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back