Masonry repairs and painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Our summerhouse is being renovated, and as part of this i'll want to repaint the front of it.

It's currently painted in a mid grey textured Dulux Trade weathershield.

There will be some making good where windows have been made bigger and a couple of cracks to the render.

I was thinking of choosing the Tourpret external three in one type filler that fills to any depth and can be used to skim small bits. Good idea?

Paint wise, am I okay to paint smooth over the textured? - it'll obviously still be textured but that's fine.

Filler vs paint, how could I make patches match the textured finish? Small amount of sand in the filler?!

I'm guessing a normal brush is fine and then a thicker nap roller than you'd use inside.

Is there any need go do anything to the existing paint before new paint is applied?

Paint wise I was thinking of Little Greene external, due to the wide choice of colours. Or perhaps the Emporer stuff which I read was very good.

All a totally new area to me though so any advice or tips much appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back