Masthead Amplifier testing

So the next thing I went to do is try and trace the cable for the bedroom by lifting a lot of the insulation. With the ceiling boards exposed, there appeared to be three coax cables coming up from the landing wrapped up with tape, not terminated, just there, something I know electricians do when customers ask for cabling in for sockets/switches for the future.

So the mistake you made was not looking under the insulation first :)

Never mind - very well done, you got there in the end with a satisfactory conclusion.

Sponsored Links
Funny you should say that.

Right then, poorly-shielded coax acting as aerials; direct aerial test revealed the truth; and the mystery element messing up things turned out to be no physical connections. Looks like we were pretty effective helping you troubleshoot this. Glad it's sorted. I hope it was useful too and you learned some stuff along the way.

The final thing for you to do now is to show your thanks. The best way is to hover your mouse over the QUOTE logo and click on Thanks for each of the posts people made which helped you get to the solution. It's the work of moments and it shows up under each recipient's name. It's a nice little accolade. Be a gent.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back