Matching bedroom floor level to ensuite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am currently refurbishing my ensuite and master bedroom. During refurbishment, the ensuite floor has been built up using tile backer boards, covered with a self levelling screed (with UFH) and then the tiles and adhesive. The total difference between the level of the caber deck in the bedroom and the finished floor level in the ensuite is circa 30-32mm. Can anyone advise what the best way to build this difference up would be? Will a good underlay and carpet make up this thickness, or would it be necessary to put something such as a thin, non-structural plywood over the caber deck to bring it up? Wickes do a 5.5mm hardwood boarding. I have read that tile backer boards need over-screeding before being used with carpet?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You need Easy Shims from Stairrods UK, ready made MDF wedges available in various heights to slope the carpet to tile level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back