Matt Black Exterior Finish : Shop Front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently re painted our shop front matt black (changed from gloss black) using 'Sandtex Ultra Smooth Masonry Paint Black'. We thought this would be the best paint for the job as it states on the tin it is waterproof and dirt resistant.

Now only a few weeks after painting there are lots of marks and it is very dusty and it looks like it's going to get worse as time goes. So this paint definitely is not 'dirt resistant' as stated on the tin.

Does anyone have a reccomendationd for a good waterproof, mark resistant matt paint? If such a thing exists?

Or is there something we are able to seal the paint with afterwards to keep cleanish?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
interesting post hammer time. I wonder what sandtex mean by "dirt resistant " ?Are we to expect their paint to repel dust and grime ,or do they mean we can wash it off easy ?? I had one of my property's painted in sandtex cornish cream colour several years ago ,the old guy who painted it was a fantastic painter ,not quick mind ,but top notch quality .and he applied on top of the paint after drying some clear waterproofing ( think he called it Thompsons ) and said to me that I wouldn't need to repaint for 10 years. so far he is dead right .its a semi detached he done 3 brick walls top to bottom With a different type of paint ,gloss I think ,on the bottom 3 course of brick. still own it but Tennant re painted the gloss bit a couple of years ago ,cos they didn't like the colour .looked good so I said to them ,yes its very nice I think I will put the rent up. you should have seen their faces !!! only joking though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back