Maximum overhang on verge.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

Single story extension, lean to roof.

I've got 150mm undercloaks to go on the gable.

The total width outter gable to outter gable is 3200mm.

17 redland 49's come to more of less exactly 3200mm with the concrete base connector cut off on the far left tile.

To have whole tiles I would have to go to 18 making total width 3400mm so a verge of 100mm each size which would be too much I'm guessing. Cutting a single tile in half to 100mm to give verges of 50mm would also look crap.

Is there another option I'm not thinking of?

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
16 tiles would come to 3200 but you could get about 3mm shunt on each and if you left the left hand water bar on you may get a total of about 75mm which is 37mm on each end which wouldn't be too sad.

Best way is to lay out the tiles and see how much you can 'stretch' them.

What about using a dry verge, which could potentially give you a bit more overhang?

You can get half tiles to help you get better overhang to depending on the tile of course

Sponsored Links
16 tiles would come to 3200 but you could get about 3mm shunt on each and if you left the left hand water bar on you may get a total of about 75mm which is 37mm on each end which wouldn't be too sad.

Best way is to lay out the tiles and see how much you can 'stretch' them.

Hello Roofer, I got the 3200mm from laying out the tiles to max stretch, which wasnt much.

I'm going to cut the left had tiles in order to get the size required, it will barely be seen other than my neighbours back garden

Thanks

J

If you are going to cut the tiles do it on the right hand verge - less chance of them coming off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back