maxtra petrol chainsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Does anyone know where I can obtain spares for a Maxtra petrol chainsaw?.. Goafer.

Sponsored Links
They do use a standard Oregon bar and chain - but thats about it, I'm afraid.
You may like to contact the importer, which is about your only chance.
What bits do you need?
John :)

Hi John, Thanks for your reply, the spare I am looking for is the recoil pulley, which the starter rope winds around, and you pull to start the saw. I have tried anywhere and every where, think the saw must be Chinese, I have the instruction manual with all the relevant details on the saw, it gives a list on the back page of the parts, but does not give any parts numbers, or where they can be obtained, other than to say, original spare parts and accessories can be obtained from your local dealer, God alone knows where they can be found, if they are on this planet, I cant find them. Any further ideas?. other than to take it to the nearest take away!!!!!!!!. Goafer.

I don't think you'd ever source the genuine spare - even the importers only hold complete machines and are very reluctant to break one for parts.
I guess the only thing you can do is to try and repair the old pulley, or by chance find one that is similar.
If you need a cheapish DIY saw, go for Ryobi.....they do have their spares act together.

Sponsored Links
Hi, Does anyone know where I can obtain spares for a Maxtra petrol chainsaw?.. Goafer.

I've lost my operating instructions for my Maxtra GCS008 chainsaw, have you got yours and could you scan them to me?
Regards Andy

Can I help in any way?

Hi John, I've mislaid the 'setting up and operating' info that came with my Maxtra chainsaw, it sometimes runs on tick over and then sometimes it cuts out, I'm sure there was a section on setting up the tick over by screwing in or out a screw or two on the side of the chainsaw. If you have any info that would be great - also need to know the fuel/two stroke oil ratio.

Regards Andy

Hi Andy
Look for screws on the side of the carb, they should be marked L for Low speed fuel and H for High speed fuel.
If you haven't adjusted them, turn them lightly fully in (count in half turns) and then back out again the same.
If you have fiddled with them, then its fully in and then back out one full turn for starters.
For your fuel / oil mix, use 50:1 with fully synthetic oil, or reducing to around 30:1 for cheaper more universal brands. The likes of Stihl and Oregon do 'one shot' bottles which you add to 4 or 5 litres of petrol.
P.S if you have removed the needle screws and mixed them up :p (always happens but no one ever admits to it) the longer screw is the low speed one.
J.

Hi John,

I did initially set the L and H screws on the carb as per the instructions that came with the chainsaw, but it still didn't run smoothly, I haven't use the chainsaw for sometime, until now (when a branch had crashed to the ground in a storm, so needed to cut it up). I will set it as per your instructions and see how it goes. I have 50:1 fuel ratio in it already, but it's a bit smokey, so as I'm using cheap Asda two stroke oil, I'll now drop it down to 30:1
Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Regards Andy

At a 50:1 ratio Andy, there should hardly be any smoke at all...if the engine will tickover, adjust the L screw a tiny bit until it speeds up, and then back it off.
Similarly with the high speed screw - although the engine must be running fast - unscrew H until the engine slows a little, and then turn back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back