May seem a stupid question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've purchased a thermostatic shower mixer bar but cannot for the life of me see how it is fixed (clamped) to the wall. Instructions are pretty useless and cant get hold of the person I bought it off.
And yes, am gonna get someone to fit it but just don't want to look stupid if bits are missing.

It looks similar to the one on the link below.

It is supplied with 2 eccentric connections (male both ends) to suit different distances between the pipe holes. Also has 2 conical plates to cover the pipe connections.

Any one like to enlighten me? Thanks in advance

http://www.screwfix.co.uk/prods/316...er-Valves/Thermostatic-Bar-Mixer-Shower-Valve

Sponsored Links
I may be guessing but there is a clue on the Screwfix site...it says includes wall fixing kit...

Not sure where you would get one seperately...make of shower mixer might help someone to advise you

Ah..just saw Terry's reply...

Sponsored Links
There is a purpose built wall plate for showers with 150mm centres (but I think it may adjust a bit).

It is designed to be fitted during the 1st fix and then the shower is fitted after the wall has been made good etc.

I used one last year when I saw it at Ultimate Heating, cost £25 which I thought was dear but it saves soooooooo much grief.

You could make one up easily enough with a bit of sheet steel a 1/2" drill bit and a couple of compression connectors - the shop one was better though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back