Maybe odd question about situating a pump away from a hot tub?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I couldn't really find a suitable category for this question so thought I would try in here as it relates to pumps (moderators - please feel free to move if there is a better place for this).

I've just set up a Lay-Z spa in my garden over the weekend.

The pump connects directly into the hot tub (see pics).

lay-z-spa-vegas-and-miami-pump-54112-54123-313391-1.jpg

BW54112-2014-layzspa-vegas-empty.jpg

Optimized-Bestway_Shoot-61.jpg

I'm not sure what the 3 connections are but I'm guessing that one draws the water in to pass over the heating element and then another connection pushes that water back out. And the 3rd connection is the air outlet to provide the bubbles.

I would ideally like to situate my pump about 4ft from the hot tub so that I could put it inside an enclosure (so that I can leave it out all year round without it freezing).

I wondered if there would be any problems with 'extending' the connections to the hot tub i.e. buying (hopefully) hoses that I can connect to the hot tub and pump and then the pump could be situated further away?

What is your expert opinion on this?

Do you think that this would damage the pump or cause any major issues?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Cheers

John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back