Mayfair M2000 Water Softener - reset procedure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a five year old water softener as above which has stopped working properly. The counter that shows the litres of water the machine can pass through before regenerating is increasing rather than decreasing to zero as it should, then regenerating. The service due icon is also showing. Before requesting an engineer it occurred to me that there must be a simple reset procedure that the engineer uses to remove the service icon. Understandably the literature does not cover resetting the machine.

Can any expert out there tell me how to reset the softener. I assume there is a multi-button way of achieving this.

Regards and thanks.

Sponsored Links
Some research has found this and many other water softeners use the Fleck 5600SXT control valve water purifying system. These appear to be used extensively in the USA, all the service information is available online and Youtube has some useful set-up and maintenance information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back