Mc Culloch 300 strimmer pull cord replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mc Culloch Cabrio 300 strimmer pull cord replacement

Just been given this Strimmer, Somebody has already had a fiddle and given up.

The pull cord has been pulled our of holder there is no screw to hold this in place see photo what one do I need ?,

Has the white cord holder had anything broken off it ?

Big Question how to fit this cord and holder into machine, unable to fine any diagrams for this model for spares.

Think it's worth saving.

Thanks for help

Attachments

• pull 1.JPG
    pull 1.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 48
  • pull 2.JPG
    pull 2.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 54
  • pull 3.JPG
    pull 3.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 54
  • spring 1.JPG
    spring 1.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 59
  • pull cord housing.JPG
    pull cord housing.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
Pic 4 of 5......the white spool needs to connect with the end of the coil spring, you can see where the spring end can push in to.
If the spring is enclosed within its own metal housing ( a bit like a jar lid) it’s best to get the spring contained and connected before putting it back onto the machine as a cassette.
It looks like the centre screw has gone which allows the spring to disengage.....I’d guess it’s around 5mm.
John

Pic 4 of 5......the white spool needs to connect with the end of the coil spring, you can see where the spring end can push in to.
If the spring is enclosed within its own metal housing ( a bit like a jar lid) it’s best to get the spring contained and connected before putting it back onto the machine as a cassette.
It looks like the centre screw has gone which allows the spring to disengage.....I’d guess it’s around 5mm.
John

Also can't see away to thread the cord into the white spool and how the pic 1 - 2 white spool fits into pic 5.

Thanks John

John

I’m sure the white spool isn’t complete......there needs to be a plastic pawl that engages with the crankshaft on pic 5.
Without it, I can’t see how the engine can be spun over.
Regarding the cord, there’s usually a hole in the spool where you pass the cord through, and tie a knot where the cord passes through. Any sign of that?
John

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
My cause you eyes to water a little..the other models listed that it fits may give you further search options.
I'm afraid the machine not worth that, look like it will have to go to dump.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Any chance just buying the pawl on its own ? would there be anything else I need ?

Thanks Guys

The drum and pawl are really all you need, together with the retaining clip.
It’s a shame to bin the machine just for these but I haven’t managed to trace anything.
Maybe if you gave GHS Ltd or JAPG Mowers a call they could maybe advise - these parts won’t be unique to the McCulloch machine.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back