MCB Fuses.... not so simple as I hoped.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house. Before I start messing around with things, I am keen to replace the "old" fuses with MCB "trip" types. This was a straight forward issue in my old house. However, it appears more complex in my new place.

The problem is that the only MCBs I can find don't fit as the "prongs" are turned 90 degrees:

My one:
P1020210.JPG

MCB
23452479.jpg

Any ideas?

Any help you could give would be very welcome.

Scott

Sponsored Links
I have just moved house. Before I start messing around with things, I am keen to replace the "old" fuses with MCB "trip" types.
  1. Why? What "messing around" do you plan to do? What benefits do you think will accrue from fitting plug-in breakers?
  2. The cost of a set of them is not inconsiderable, and would go a long way towards the cost of a new CU.
  3. Replacing them would be notifiable.
  4. How would you carry out the testing of the circuits to check that their EFLI values are within range?
  5. They don't make them anyway.

Sponsored Links
HI
They look like a MEM Memera 3 consumer unit fuse but you could do with a new consumer unit the MCBs for them unit aren't all that good.

Thanks
jake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back