McCoy kit car

TrikerM";p="1327186 said:
Hi, tho' rather late after the post, I have a McCoy. On going project, but getting back to it with a vengence now. I also had no response from the advertised McCoy register. Sad really.

Hi I have one too it is in the middle of a rebuild, it has a MG Metro engine and front brakes with RC40 and LCB exhaust.
I have nearly finished the rear and will starting the front when the weather eases off.
Most of the running gear is mini so fairly easy to get new or second hand spares.
I will post some pics next time :)

Sponsored Links
i have a unfinnished project that i am now wanting to move on . as i have just bought mk1 mini to do.

was last on the road in 92. has since been stripped down to repaint.

has had new rear beam axle fitted with coil overs . front tie bars and track control arms are adjustable as well as the shockers. has revolution type wheels. has all glass and interior. no engine fitted. locking for offers or will break for spares, thanks david

10p and a packet of McCoys sizzling king prawn should seal the deal.

the moulds belong to Neville Wines in Norfolk and he may also be able to help with other bits as he did a lot of the fabrication. try 01328855029

Sponsored Links
Hi Mate joined the forum after reading your post.

I have a load of McCoy parts.

Body Shell
Pair of door
Boot Lid
Interior Parts
Lights
Bonnet.
Pretty much everything.

PM me if you need anything
Graham

Sorry for not getting back to you Graham, I have just got hold of a W reg mini 1.3i with serious metal worm in the shell, I really have everything to rebuild it apart from the window wind mechanisms which I need to know what the donar car was for these, also I need a windscreen and glass rubbers. The screens I have been told are available from the Crusader owners club and the rubber should be available from Rimmers. Apart from that I can start getting it up together. By the way is that your parts advertised on E-Bay?

Lets get this straight - You advertise about a kit car on a DIY forum, and 3/4/5? other people know about this, when only 100 were made?

There is an official register that doesn't respond?

Have you tried advertising on car club forums, or the general press for contacts? As to me, it seems highly unlikely that a DIY forum would help out as much as it has! Can you not find more info about this official register, by doing a WHOIS, and tracking the owner of the site down, if they don't get back to you via email?

I'm behind you guys, I've always been unsure as to keep a car origional, or modify it, as I like retro, but also like mod cons. Hope you sort something out! Maybe start your own register.

Thanks for your post Mickymoody, This was my first post when joining DIYnot and from what response I have had I am quite happy with the amount of them. I have tried all sorts of ways to get information about these cars and as for the owners club I keep getting the same response pointing back to where I originally tried, Phoning, e-mail etc etc. The site owner lives in Cambridge and if I am going that way in the future I may just make a personal call. Now that I am going to have time to work on the car I will be able to see exactly what I have and what I need for the rebuild and maybe fit later parts from other vehicles that will do the same job but I appriciate that this cant always be the case. As for starting a new register I have put feelers out for feedback with very little response and I dont feel at the moment that I can be responsible for it without more in depth knowledge about the car in case I start getting questions from any members that may join, maybe that is why the existing reqister has dried up...who knows

Hi guys,

I also have one, infact its the one that was up for sale a few posts back.
As far as im aware the front screen comes from a Hillman imp but this is the only thing that it shares with a clan crusader (dont shoot me if im wrong as like i say, this is the info i have been given)

Also door locks and handles from mine are off a metro as far as i know, dont know if they are the same for every mccoy.

Any info that can be shared would be much appreciated as i have a shell and multiple boxes of bits.

Im told that it takes a mini van tank, which looks right underneith but it looks like the filler neck may need modified? does anyone know if this is right as im sure your aware, is hard to find info on them.

I have 2 minis, and my partner recently sold his mini van so we also have spares from that, which we are trying to sift thru to find bits that fit.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Chelsea

Hi TamsChick, I have just started to renovate mine, if there is anything you want to know contact me at concha_self at yahoo dot com. I am collecting info about these cars and have evidence of about 15 of them and want to start a register, the owners club I think has been abandoned, they no longer show the website. I have some literature which I have found on the net and from other places but it is difficult to find. regards Al.

Hi TamsChick, I have just started to renovate mine, if there is anything you want to know contact me at concha_self at yahoo dot com. I am collecting info about these cars and have evidence of about 15 of them and want to start a register, the owners club I think has been abandoned, they no longer show the website. I have some literature which I have found on the net and from other places but it is difficult to find. regards Al.

The problem with an OC, on the web, is that someone needs to pay for the upkeep of the website, and people on this vehicle, seem pretty savvy to keep them going, without external help, and work on a limited budget, so paying to be in an OC is going to deter people.

By making pdf images available via photobucket, sending correspondence by mailshot email? might be a cheap way of setting anything up? 15 cars, plus a possible 4 or 5 bonus! 20% of what was ever built..wish you the best of luck!

Thanks for your comments Micky, I dont know how this is going to pan out but it is all in the interest of what seems to be a rare kit car. As it has some history behind it I am surprised how little I can find. Hope to hit lucky and keep on trying. I may later get in touch with the Clan owners club which I believe has a good following and see where they may be able to help, maybe have a bolt on to their club, I bet there would be a lot of persuading members though, you know how pureist are... ;)

Hi Al. (pompeypal) ,yes I still have my McCoy,,have been working on it this past few months ,when I get the time,it is progressing well.. Tommypat :LOL:

Hi Tommypat, please contact me at concha_self at yahoo dot com. if you would like to corrispond further, I would like to here how you are getting on and maybe we can cross notes. Just made a start on mine... :D Al.

From what ive found out there was 86 of them made, not sure how far this is true. Clan owners club have no info on these cars at all but they did give me a contact who may know more, will see if i can find it.

Sponsored Links
Back