McCoy kit car

Thanks TamsChick, if you want to contact me you can do so at concha_self at yahoo dot com....Al

Sponsored Links
THIS website seems to be the biggest website for this small car group, with the most people ever assembled! When are you doing a car show? I miss them in my Celica!

Is it not impossible to setup a free webpage, via your supplier (when I was at AOL, they gave freespace to create this), but I have no idea how, I managed to set up a really rubbish site!); to collate information together? Rather than via MSN/email etc??

Has someone the resources to take the initiative? I've no idea of the history of these vehicles, never even seen one, but the idea of so few built, and the comadre of the few is brilliant!

A neighbour of mine has a collection of Lotus Cortinas, always a smile and a wave, as he understands that special bond between car and owner. Thinking about it, my rally spec Celica is getting upto 16 years old now...blimey!

All the best collating, and organising, all the info you can to share. Even a Facebook group setup between you, would connect you, and raise the profile, as others that are unaware, can connect?

Hi Micky,

My son owns a Celica GT 4, he is always coming round with little faults on it, rattle here and ticking noise there. He has yet to understand that older cars get like us and have growing pains. once that is undersood then I think that is the time when people really get compassionate for them.

Al

Hi Micky,

My son owns a Celica GT 4, he is always coming round with little faults on it, rattle here and ticking noise there. He has yet to understand that older cars get like us and have growing pains. once that is undersood then I think that is the time when people really get compassionate for them.

Al

Nah, a GT4 was always known as a 'Faff', affectionately, because if it wasn't broken, it was tinkered with, and when it did develop a problem, it was tinkered with more! I probably spoke to your son on the user club, whats his username? Mine wasn't what it is here.

Sponsored Links
Hi Micky, Post me your celica forum user name and I will have a word with him.

Atlast some luck!! :D

Contacted mccoy owners website, and got in touch with the guys that run the website and apparently there is 2 guys out there with lots of knowledge about the mccoy. 1 has been running 1 for 20years. and the other has built one from scratch and has 2.

found out i have a later model that had the optional extras of side skirts etc but its still a mccoy coupe.

the website is www.mccoyownersclub.co.uk

this website is now live again.

my partner has been emailing one of the guys and he seems very knowledgable and has given us lots of info to help us move forward with it.
now to get my finger out and finish sanding it so i can paint it over winter.

hope the website helps or atleast gets you intouch with the guys who run the site.

Hi Pompeyal
Still got it but not done much more as to much work not enough play.
Hopefully next year will be better, diary full until then.
Still no further with rear end just collecting bits at moment.

Neil

Hi Iso and Tamschick,

I have made contact with the owners club at last, between us we have a list of 45 McCoy's, what is the registrations of yours, it will be nice to get so info for each of them. If you contact me at [email protected] I will pass on info of the others if you are interested.

Regards Al

[freddymercurystwin.....Thanks for your reply, it would be fixtures and fittings I would like to find out about ie.. internal trim, windows and winding mechanisms etc... I know that the clan crusader had the same front windshield but if it was made just for these cars or came from a donor I do not know... can you help?? Regards.[/quote]

The Clan Crusader was Imp based and I always assumed taht the screen was from an Imp

The Clan Crusader was Imp based and I always assumed that the screen was from an Imp

That is what I would like to have confirmed, I will be writing to the clan owners club again shortly to get that confirmed. I have since found out some more on where to source other items from, just got to continue stripping mine down to find what other parts are unusual to the mini or metro.

Having just studied pictures of the McCoy, The Clan and the Imp, I would say that it isn't an Imp screen.
However, being around at the time the clan was introduced, I would say that it will be a screen from a model of car around at that time, because there weren't many bespoke screens available in those days !

Incidentally if the guy with the car for sale has any pictures could he post them please?

Sponsored Links
Back