MDPE pipe burst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a repair I did around a year ago. What could have caused that?
IMG_9074.PNG

IMG_9076.PNG

Sponsored Links
Over pressure possibly? Could just be a fault in the pipe of course

Pipe may have been kinked or sharply bent before or during installation and the internal structure damaged. It could have created a crack on the inside surface of the pipe that water pressure slowly opened up until it reached the external surface and the pipe burst.

I don't know what my phone is doing today.

One of my work mates just dug it up and sent me a video of him shaking his head :LOL::LOL: I'm saying dodgy pipe.

Sponsored Links
It was under tarmac.

I had dug on the lawn then 6mtrs away at the point of entry and moled in a new piece. The bits where I dug it would have been bedded in sand, it burst within the dig on the drive.

The pipe would have been from Travis Perkins, it's the stuff thats black inside and blue outside.

Maybe it caught something while being pulled through?

photo implies characteristic of a breakout,how the event began and finally showed as a water leak is traceable via independent testing,The installer is always considered guilty unless they can prove their install is 100% correct.
Pressure testing could have discovered a fault before commissioning. Plumbing :LOL: its not diy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back