Measuring big window reveal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I a man planning on using blinds2go for some front Venetian blinds which will be inside the window reveal

Having measured the landing window on a trial the blind was a tiny bit wide but does fit, even if it is rubbing the wallpaper on both sides

My living room window is 100" x61" (I can measure in metric) with about a 6" depth

The only way that I think I could accurately measure would be to make a stick 100" long and using a spirit level try measuring at various points to ensure the width is consistent front to back and at various heights. The height isn't so much of an issue accuracy wise

Is this the best way?

Ta

Sponsored Links
If your concern is that the sides of the reveal are not perfectly vertical, I suggest getting a true vertical to measure against.
If you have a laser level, use that. Otherwise tap a couple of small nails into the frame to hang a plumb line about 50mm from each edge, and measure from the line to the reveal.

Errr, measure the top width, and measure the bottom width. The company will allow 10mm or so.

No sticks, no levels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back