Measuring Replacement Cabinet Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

First post here, unlikely to be my last. Bought my first home and trying to do some small jobs to work my way into DIY.

I'm looking to replace some manky old cupboard doors in our utility, but want to check on sizes before pulling the trigger.

I measured the current doors, those are:

590h x 490w
590h x 595w

these seem like non-standard sizes to me. High street DIY stores are stocking 500mm and 600mm but not as precise as the measurements i have. I wondered if i'm supposed to measure the cabinet instead? My concern is i order the 500/600mm and they dont close properly ><

I'm loathe to go the custom size route as it's just a utility room, im not that bothered!

Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
500 and 600 are the external cabinet widths, doors are slightly less to allow a small gap between - if they were the exact cabinet size, they would jam together and be impossible to open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back