media players apps....I hate them!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I loaded some GIF files in some folders with some music files (mostly MP3) - now Jet Audio (on android phone) shows one particular GIF file as a default image anytime I open or listen to an audio file which isn't associated with any specific art graphic....still, after searching in the many settings and options I can't find a way of getting rid of this default art/image (which is a music score of "Fly Me To The Moon"....while I'm maybe listening to some Butthole Surfers tracks!!)
It's not the first time I bump into similar problems when using media players apps....most of them seems designed to take control of your phone and dictate their ways....play-lists are an example: what are these for? Maybe I'm missing something but aren't these a legacy from the original i-player? Who needs them and why certain folders are to be treated with special care? Not to mention the time wasted to rebuilt the music library?!

To end this moaning....is there a media player out there which obey to my orders readily and works without clogging my phone with useless data and functions which are designed only to spy onto us?

Sponsored Links
I have a simple phone to use for making phone calls. The clever stuff is done on an iPod Touch. No problems so far.

I loaded some GIF files in some folders with some music files (mostly MP3) - now Jet Audio (on android phone) shows one particular GIF file as a default image anytime I open or listen to an audio file which isn't associated with any specific art graphic....still, after searching in the many settings and options I can't find a way of getting rid of this default art/image (which is a music score of "Fly Me To The Moon"....while I'm maybe listening to some Butthole Surfers tracks!!)
It's not the first time I bump into similar problems when using media players apps....most of them seems designed to take control of your phone and dictate their ways....play-lists are an example: what are these for? Maybe I'm missing something but aren't these a legacy from the original i-player? Who needs them and why certain folders are to be treated with special care? Not to mention the time wasted to rebuilt the music library?!

To end this moaning....is there a media player out there which obey to my orders readily and works without clogging my phone with useless data and functions which are designed only to spy onto us?
To be honest, this sounds a little silly, but the best one I've come across is the Google Play App that comes with some of the recent Android phones. It's awesome and actually works, unlike the third-party apps you can get on the store. So if your phone is compatible, I'd recommend that :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back