Mega flow cold water feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, done some reconfiguring of the onsuite and decided to lose some space and put in a smaller shower so we can install a vertical cyclinder not the horizontal one.

I have two questions to clarify what the installer has said:

1. is megaflow the best to go for or are there cheaper/more expensive ones that are just as good??? he does seem to push them alot and disgards other that i know are on the market.

2. I have a poly main he thinks is 20mm and then 15mm around the house as have storage water tanks - he says that this may have to be upgraded to 22mm certainly from the poly but depending on flow rate may have to go back to the meter near the road.... is this correct?????
or can a megaflow or similar take 15mm if the flow rate/pressure meets the minimum requirements???

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Only the actual DYNAMIC flow rate is relevant.

But a 15 mm mains supply will normally never give the required performance!

Other brands are pretty much as good and the Santon is my personal prefference.

Tony

Agile, Thanks for your reply - seems to say exactly the same as the megaflow and is slightly shorter - by mm though.
Also found heat store own brand - wording nearly exactly the same as santons... they are also about £700 cheaper...

I always say you get nothing for free.... so what do you get with the megaflow for £700... looking at the system fit range 250 litres..

Thanks also for the confirmation on the pipe size - would you get anywhere near on a 20mm poly?? dont really want to go al the way back to the road...
cheers

Also found heat store own brand - wording nearly exactly the same as santons... they are also about £700 cheaper...

How can they be £700 cheaper when the total cost is around that figure?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi, a megaflow 250 is approx 1700 and the santon or heatstore is 1050, just googled it and these are what I found.. May be wrong of course!

For a good cheap cylinder look at the Main unvented. Same as Santon, out of the same factory, only difference is the Main has only 2 year warranty.

Here is the Santon for £750

boilersonline.com/default/santon-premier-plus-indirect-unvented-stainless-steel-hot-water-cylinder-250-litre.html

Hi all, all the replies are a great help...

The eBay one is confusing as it says megaflow but the text says
We can supply and install a new POTTERTON GOLD 250lt INDIRECT UNVENTED CYLINDER within 1 week of purchase!

The oso looks a great option as its the small option at only 1550mm high... Space is a premium... Any negatives for this cylinder???

Will look at the "main" one thanks for the advice... If its going to go wrong it will be in the 1st year or so???

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back